How to Play Keno Online
In case you’re new to online gaming, here are a few pointers on how to get going with online casinos.
Registering with a casino and accessing the games is very simple and takes literally a few minutes.
The process is basically the same for all casinos:
- Choose a casino with keno. If there is a choice, decide whether you want to play the Download or Non-Download web version and click on the appropriate button.
- You will be asked to register by providing some simple details – your name, email address, a password and so on. You generally get the option of registering as a ‘fun’ player or ‘real’ player – that is, a free player or cash player. The games are exactly the same except that in a free game you can’t pocket your winnings! If you elect to play for real, you will be asked for additional information.
- If you are playing the non-download, web-based version you will then enter the casino and be asked to type in your name and password again.
- If you have chosen to play the Download version, the download process usually takes only a couple of minutes. The basic download usually includes the casino structure (the casino floor or lobby, banking facilities and help files) and a few of the games. When download is completed you will be taken automatically into the casino where you will need to enter your name and password.
- If you want to play for cash you will need to deposit some money in the casino’s bank system. The casino will take you through the process of making a deposit. (NB It is usually this first deposit that triggers your sign up bonuses).
- To play keno you simply need to select it from the menu of games. If you’re playing the download game, the first time you select Keno it may need to add the game to your basic casino structure. This happens automatically and takes just a few seconds. After that the game is available immediately.
- Note that once you download, you will still need to be online when you want to play for real money. You may be able to access free games offline. Whenever you open the casino software it will ask you to click a button that automatically takes you online and links you to the website.
- To play the keno game itself, follow the on-screen instructions. It’s a simple case of deciding how much you want to wager, picking your numbers and starting the draw. At the end of the draw the game will calculate how much you have won and credit it to your account immediately.