How Online Keno Games Vary
As a whole Keno is played the same way all over the world. But there are some minor differences that you have to take into consideration. Read about the most common variations below!
The differences between the online keno games fall under two types: firstly differences in the game rules, which depend upon the type of game software the site uses, and secondly differences between the policies and management of the casinos at which they are played.
In terms of the Keno game itself
The overall average payout rate. The better games pay out over 90% of your wagers over time. But some are pay back the same as a land-based video keno game – around 75%.
The payout schedules. All games display a payout schedule showing what you win for each of the numbers you match. Some offer a choice of schedules. Some payout for zero catches. And a small number offer schedules like the special tickets you’d find in a land-based casino eg ‘top & bottom’ wagers.
The jackpot. We’ve specifically compared the top payouts you might win for a $1 stake. The majority of sites have a jackpot of $10k-$15k. But you’ll find some casinos with much higher. A few casinos have a Progressive Jackpot.
The level of bets allowed. Typically $1-$10 per play. The lowest minimum we’ve seen is 25c, and the highest maximum $100. The number of spots allowed – usually either 10 or 15. One or two games allow only 8.
In terms of the casino as a whole
There are all sorts of factors which can differentiate online casinos. Some of the key ones are:
- The reputation of the casino for honesty, good service and efficient payouts.
- Whether they are properly licensed and regulated.
- The type of customer support they provide – avoid any where you can’t get hold of someone to answer your queries 24 hours a day.
- The bonuses and other promotions available. There are many different schemes. In most cases you get your bonuses once you start making cash deposits over a certain level, but some offer bonuses simply for registering and downloading the software. Watch out for clauses in the small print if you are attracted by sign-up bonuses.
- The quality and reliability of their gaming software and website.
- The range of games they offer in addition to the keno. Some casinos have over 100 different games, and many have poker rooms, arcade games and even bingo alongside the more traditional casino offerings.
- The currency used for playing. Increasingly casinos are offering the option of playing in Euros or sterling as well as US$. Some offer other currencies.
- Whether they have language options other than English.
Keno Variations In Summary
Putting all these factors together, we’ve chosen what we believe to be the very best casinos for keno. Find out who made it into The Keno Guide Top 10.