How much should you bet on a keno game?
The short answer to that is; whatever suits your pocket. Typically straight tickets in a live casino draw cost $1.00, although some are lower.
Video keno games, including those online, generally start much lower. You can find games as low as 5c. You can also play multiples of the base rate. For example, you could play a $1.00 ticket for $5.00, and your winnings will be multiplied by 5 times the $1.00 payout rate.
The upper limit varies enormously, from a few dollars to hundreds of dollars. It depends entirely on the casino you play at.
- Our video keno reports show the betting limits at online casinos.
Pointers on keno betting
There are a few things to bear in mind when setting your wager level:
- Bigger bet bigger win: The payout on a keno win is proportionate to your wager so the more you bet the bigger the payout.
- Special Jackpots: On some video keno games you can win an extra big jackpot by playing maximum coins – though you still get to choose the coin size to suit your budget). Check the payout schedule.
- Aggregate limits: The casino will not pay more than the aggregate limit on any one game. So if the aggregate limit is $50,000, your payout will never exceed $50,000, no matter how much you bet. So let’s say the jackpot for a $1 bet is $10k, and the aggregate limit is $50k, there is obviously no point in staking more than $5.
- Multiple bet tickets: Tickets which include more than one bet (eg Combination and way tickets ) can have the advantage of allowing you to place smaller bets on each game. You can split your total bet between several wagers. On a straight ticket all your money goes on a single wager. For example a $1 bet might allow you one ‘straight’ bet or a 10-way bet. (But don’t forget – the smaller wagers on each way give smaller payouts!).